- This event has passed.
Cider & Perry Production: A Foundation at WSU
March 12 @ 8:30 am - March 16 @ 4:00 pm PDT$1550
Get expert knowledge of cider and perry principles and practices at this five-day course in Washington’s Skagit Valley. Fermentation specialist Bri Ewing teaches the course, and she’ll share information regarding cider culture, production, science and business. As a student in this course, you’ll participate in hands-on sensory demonstrations, laboratory exercises and blending trials.
The course involves hands-on practical lab work, lectures, workshops and cider tastings where you’ll gain and be exposed to the following:
- A detailed step-by-step guide to cider and perry production
- An understanding of the chemistry and microbiology behind cider and perry
- Practical training in the key skills of cider production and methods of laboratory analysis
- Introduction to sensory analysis of cider and perry
- Experienced guest lecturers