- This event has passed.
In Plain Sight: An Awareness Dinner at Blue Bee Cider in Richmond, Va.
March 21 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT$85
Join Chef Brittanny Anderson and women from the Virginia cider community for a special pairing dinner at Blue Bee Cider in Richmond, Virginia, on Wednesday, March 21, to help raise money in support of other women working without pay as forced laborers.
In addition to an exceptional five-course menu prepared by James Beard-nominated Chef Anderson, guests will hear from John Richmond, founder of the Human Trafficking Institute. The event will also provide the opportunity to learn about the Institute’s work to prosecute and convict those who force others to work without pay in restaurants, hospitality venues, and related businesses.
Virginia ciders will be poured and provided by the following individuals/cideries:
* Diane Flynt, founder/owner of Foggy Ridge Cider
* Charlotte Shelton and Anne Shelton, founder/owner and general manager of Albemarle CiderWorks
* Sarah Showalter and Kelli Stover, founder/owner and sales & distribution manager of Old Hill Cider
* Lori Corcoran, founder/owner of Corcoran Vineyards
* Courtney Mailey, founder/owner of Blue Bee Cider
* Liza Cioffi, founder/owner of Courthouse Creek Cider
* Sarah Collins-Simmons, operations manager of Big Fish Cider, Co.
The cost is $85 per person and proceeds will go to benefit the Human Trafficking Institute.