- This event has passed.
Sensory Analysis of Fruit Wine and Cider
August 5, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm PDT$95
Learn strategies to critically evaluate fruit wines and ciders during a one-day course located at the WSU Mount Vernon NWREC!
The course will showcase fruit wine and cider producers of the North Puget Sound to demonstrate the variety and complexity of these locally sourced alcoholic beverages. Students can expect to gain the following:
- An understanding of basic production principles of fruit wines and ciders
- An appreciation for distinctive styles of fruit wines and ciders
- Knowledge about sensory science and strategies to minimize bias during evaluation
- An understanding of the sources of different aromas
- A developed vocabulary for descriptive analysis of fruit wines and ciders
Registration includes several tastings, lunch, coffee/tea and lecture materials.