The Northwest Agriculture Business Center (NABC) hosts a number of informative classes and workshops throughout the year. Coming up is a Cider and Perry Orcharding class set for February 16, 2017.
The class will be held at the Brightwater Treatment Center in Woodinville, Washington, from 8:45 a.m.–4 p.m. and will cover topics including the following:
- Cider and perry varietals (discussion and sampling)
- Soil fertility and amendments
- Planning, planting and orchard layout
- Rootstock, irrigation and harvest methods
- Pest control
- Pruning, training and fruit thinning
The class is ideal for orchardists who want to grow cider and perry fruit in marine climates. The cost to attend is $95 per person and includes refreshments and lunch.
Register today, as space is limited, and get ready to boost your knowledge on cider and perry orcharding.
- Photo: Barn Images