Cider Recipe: Hot Cider Eggnog
For those nights when it’s just too cold to drink a cider straight from the fridge, may we suggest you make this easy recipe for Hot Cider Eggnog? This is really like the best of all winter beverage worlds: rich sweetness from ‘nog, fortifying warmth from bourbon and, of course, the acidic sweet, tart pop that we love from cider. Try it with a plate of gingerbread cookies for a serious seasonal treat!
Hot Cider Eggnog
Ready in: 7 minutes
Serves: 2 to 4
- 1 (32-ounce) carton prepared eggnog
- 1 (12-ounce) can hard cider
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Whipped cream for topping
- Dash of cinnamon or nutmeg for topping
- Place eggnog in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until eggnog thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cider and bourbon.
- Serve in mugs, and top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.