In addition to drinking the Blood Orange Cider in its natural state, there are also ways to use the citrus-infused beverage in a number of cocktail recipes. One to try this summer? Austin Eastciders’ BBC Cocktail recipe:
The Bigger, Better Cider (The BBC) Recipe
Created by Nick Bustillos, mixologist
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce vodka (or tequila)
- ¾ ounce Galliano Italian liqueur
- Austin Eastciders Blood Orange Cider
- Dry shake first three ingredients to emulsify.
- Pour over ice in a tall “Collins” glass.
- Top with Blood Orange Cider.
- Add Peychauds bitters to taste.
- Garnish with slice of blood orange.
- Photo: Austin Eastciders