Much is happening at Philadelphia’s cider bar Cinder these days, including a new executive chef, happy hour deals and dining menu.
Teddy Sourias of Craft Concepts Group (BRU Craft & Wurst, U-Bahn, Uptown Beer Garden, Finn McCool’s Ale House) welcomes Oliver Munguia as the new executive chef. Along with this announcement comes a new menu featuring dishes such as pale ale mussels, arrabbiata wood-fired pizza, duck spring rolls, mojo shrimp and octopus, cherry and chevre salad and mushroom empanaditas.
“After seeing the passion Oliver had for food at Uptown Beer Garden and Finn McCool’s, I knew he was a natural fit to run the kitchen at Cinder,” said Sourias. “We have a strong concept, design and team in place, plus an extensive top-notch beer program. As we move out of our opening phase, it seemed just the right time to fine tune our food offerings. We look forward to having Oliver’s expertise, creativity and leadership in the kitchen.”
Menu items include:
- Mushroom Empanaditas: Shiitake, Portabella, Fontina, Truffle Aioli
- Shrimp Caesar: Baby Romaine, Garlic Croutons, Parm Crisps
- Cherry & Chevre Salad: Frisée, Bibb, Pickled Tomato, Bacon Spiced Pecan
- Broccoli Tempura: Pale Ale Tempura, Spicy Mayo, Furikake (new recipe)
- Poppers: Pickled Jalapeño, Farmer’s Cheese, Tomato (new recipe)
- Carrot Salad: Bibb, Mizuna, Radish, Curry Dressing (new recipe)
- Smoked Scallops: Glazed Pork Belly, Polenta
- Siracha Wings: Sambal, Sriracha, Ranch
- Duck Spring Rolls: Cherry Chutney, Spiced Horseradish, Fig Jam
- Mojo Shrimp & Octopus: Citrus, Tomato, Baby Romaine, Farmhouse Cider
- Steak Frites: Sous Vide Hangar, Cabernet Demi, Fries
- Cinder Fries: Guanciale, Bacon, Chorizo, Pepper Jack, Scallion (new recipe)
- Pale Ale: Chorizo, Scallion, Shallot, Aleppo
- Arrabbiata: Broccoli Rabe, Sweet Habanero Heirloom Tomato
- Prosciutto: Arugula Pesto, D’anjou Pear Mizuna, Mozzarella
- Al Pastor: Marinated Pork, Achiote Sauce, Pineapple Sweet Habanero, Pepperjack (new recipe)
Six of the new dishes will be featured on Cinder’s new happy hour, which runs Monday through Friday from 4–6 p.m. Happy hour specials include $5 appetizers, $8 mussels, $3 off all drafts, $3 off all wines by the glass, plus a featured wood-fired pie of the day. The new dinner and happy hour menus are available immediately.
Find Cinder at 1500 Locust St. in Philadelphia; phone: (267) 761-5582.
- Photos: Cinder