Cider Recipe: Bacon Cider Butter
Makes 1 stick
- 2 slices smoked bacon
- 1 shallot, minced, about 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup hard cider
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- Cook bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp, about 6 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels to drain. Finely chop.
- Add the shallots to the skillet and sauté until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the hard cider and cook until reduced, about 3 minutes. Cool.
- Combine the butter, bacon, shallot, maple syrup, chives and chili flakes in a bowl. Add salt to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer butter mixture to a sheet of parchment paper. Fold paper over and roll into a cylinder, twisting the ends. Chill until solid. Butter will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.