Cider Recipe: Cider Spiked Pickles
Makes two 16-oz. jars
- 1 cup apple cider or distilled vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 cup hard cider
- 2 pounds pickling cucumbers, sliced in half or quartered
- 5 sprigs fresh dill
- In a pot over medium-high heat, add the vinegar, sugar, salt and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer, stirring just until the sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the hard cider. Allow the brine to sit until it cools to room temperature.
- Place the cucumbers in canning jars. Add a few sprigs of dill (to taste).
- Pour the cooled brine over the cucumbers, making sure all slices are submerged. Chill for at least 24 hours before serving.