The American Cider Association (formerly called USACM) is mobilizing to help cider makers react to this unprecedented situation which is creating economic uncertainty for everyone. In an effort to provide information specific to its members in the cider industry, ACA has:
- Launched a COVID-19 resource page, which will be updated daily. It includes resources such as business assistance and online shipping information.
- Created a Facebook group for peer-to-peer networking with fellow members. Members can go here to request to join the Facebook group.
- It is monitoring its website’s forum.
- The Association is working hard to advocate for solutions to relieve the impact of closures and lost jobs. The beverage alcohol community is currently discussing delayed excise taxes and other paths to help everyone keep their doors open. To further this conversation (and quickly) with Congress and the TTB, please consider filling out this 7-question survey to help craft the message of urgency and need to various government bodies.
- Impossible as it seems, the ACA is also keeping an eye on the future of the cider industry, with its long-term goals to grow a diverse and successful industry still firmly in place. It is planning virtual town halls for multiple regions in May. Consider signing up for them now — the town halls are open to all cideries, regardless of membership status. Stay tuned for official dates and registration links.
For more info, please visit the American Cider Association’s website. We’re all in this together!