The Double Tap List: The Best of #Cider on Instagram (June 23–29)

Feliz Viernes, #ciderfriends! If you enjoy the heat, summer is really bringing it this coming week, just in time for 4th of July celebrations!

It is time to celebrate the end of another week, and we’ve got a brand-new version of The Double Tap List, our weekly roundup of the most notable and like-worthy cider content we discovered on Instagram this week. With the holiday week upon us, there are a lot of #summervibes in the air in the cider community right now, including pig roasts, brew fests and taproom openings!

Check out some of our favorite ‘grams from June 23–29:

Kurant Cider

BIG news in the cider world this week, ladies and gentlemen: Philadelphia’s own Kurant Cider made a large stride in its cider journey with the opening of its Philadelphia taproom on June 22! At 4 p.m. last Friday, Kurant officially opened its doors in the Fishtown neighborhood. Nestled in a 19th-century carriage house, Kurant’s new location is now bringing you its sought-after ciders on draft, along with draft beers from Pennsylvania craft breweries Forest and Main, Free Will Brewing and many more. It will also have a small food menu focused on hot dogs! Congratulations, Kurant, we are so happy for you!

Honest Abe Cider House & Meadery

I dare you not to laugh at this! Jaws is a movie that is so synonymous with summer. Since its 1975 release, we have all been left in awe and wonder of what great beasts lurk below the ocean’s surface. We’ve also been wondering about how many people were so scared to death of that mechanical shark! See Jaws for yourself: Honest Abe Cider is showcasing this Steven Spielberg classic at its California taproom this Friday, June 29. Like chum to a shark, Honest Abe will be baiting the crowds with the promise of free pizza. But, be there by 6:30 p.m. to be guaranteed a slice! Kids dogs and outside food are also welcome at this event.

Brooklyn Cider House

Brooklyn Cider House, stop being so amazing! You lure me in all of the time with your promises of great food and fun! For those of you looking for an awesome Fourth of July event, check out Brooklyn Cider House’s first-ever Bushwick pig roast. Bring your friends, because this is a free-entry event. From 2–5 p.m., the whole pig will be shared among the guests. But be sure to get there early for a great spot in line! Don’t worry, you can enjoy a cider while you wait, because the bar opens at noon and will be serving up drinks well into the night! Food, music, games and plenty of cider — sounds like a great day to me!

Alter Ego Cider

I love pop-up events! Alter Ego Cider in Portland, Oregon hosted its own pop-up event this past Wednesday, June 27, to celebrate its fourth anniversary. Guests were invited to come sample flights and glasses full of Alter Ego’s current cider releases at its Portland location. It also planned to announce some big news for this fall (do I smell another cidery opening … ?!). Food was provided by Pura Vida Ceviche. Nothing sounds more amazing than some fresh seafood and fresh cider! Yum!

Red, White, & Brew Fest D.C.

This sounds like a really fun event for those of you hanging in the Washington D.C. area this weekend. The party kicks off on Saturday, June 30, starting at 1 p.m. So many great cideries will be attending, including Angry Orchard, Bold Rock Hard Cider and Winchester Ciderworks. General admission tickets include unlimited full pours of beer and cider, live music and D.C.-area food trucks and local artisans! Come party with other cider-lovers this weekend and start off your 4th-of-July celebrations right! For tickets to this event, go here.

BONUS!!

Out of the 100 people polled, 75% believed you should drink cider tonight. The other 25% concurred. Thank you, @boutique_wines_spirits, for this funny post!

Someone get this pup some shades, @schillingciderhousepdx!!

What are your favorite #cider IG accounts to follow? Let us know in the comments, and don’t forget to follow Cider Culture on Instagram, too! Check back with us each Friday to see more of our favorite cider-related Instagram posts. Have a great week!

  • Feature photo: Pexels

Leave a Comment