Can you believe we’re talking about our sixth virtual happy hour? Yes, it’s been six long, strange weeks since the world more or less paused to slow the spread of COVID-19, and virtual hangouts like these have really kept us going!
This Friday, join us to raise a glass to another week in the books at our Zoom happy hour. This session will be co-hosted with Dean Landi, the president and co-founder of St. Vrain Cidery, which is based in Longmont, Colorado. St. Vrain Cidery began with three friends having a conversation in 2015 about a love for cider and the lack of places to find it in their community of Boulder County. After much research and work, they opened their doors in October 2016 as the largest all-hard-cider taproom in Colorado, with 36 taps of both their own fermentations and others made around the state.
Though the St. Vrain taproom is of course not open for normal business right now, they are currently operating from Monday through Saturday from 2 to 7 p.m. for pickup and delivery in Longmont, and are also shipping to over 30 states.
A bit about Dean Landi:
Dean’s love of nature and anything fermented makes his decision to open a cidery feel right. He loves the process of taking simple apples and making an all-natural product that brings the community together. Dean moved to Colorado to work with leaders in renewable energy, and prior to that, he was a marine biologist doing shark and ground-fish research. Dean sits on the board of the Colorado Cider Guild. While he is not great at keeping track of his shoes (some of you know…), he is known to grow a killer beard.
Ready to join us for this week’s Virtual Happy Hour? Here’s the deal:
- We’re hosting the happy hour through Zoom, a popular video conferencing website.
- You don’t need to sign up with Zoom to join us, but you DO need to download the app to your phone or computer. It’s free and easy to do.
- Grab a cider from the fridge to crack open starting at 5 p.m. ET! We’ll have a fun group “cheers” and talk about what we’re drinking.
- The happy hour will go ’til about 5:40 p.m. ET, and you’re welcome to drop in at any time.
- Tell your friends! All are welcome!!
The meeting info is as follows:
Zoom Meeting URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84898015223?pwd=dS9wb2N1dFYwOUxIOGZoMGt2a2tiUT09
Meeting ID: 848 9801 5223
We hope to see you then and there!
- Feature photo and video: St. Vrain Cidery